Interesting talk by Padma Shri Professor Shoji Shiba at CII. Here are the excerpts
Three problem with Indian Managers:
TTT- Talk Talk Talk and
PTB- Pass The Buck
Only strategy and practice changes across nations, tools are similar everywhere.
Science is always up and down between Thought and experience.
Nine principles in VLFM activities
1. To reach is a word of arrogance, we can only create innovative learning environment.
2. Fishbowl Principle: Always jump into the fishbowl, with the intuition and not logic understand the fish.
one way to jump into fish bowl is to start self initiated research
3. Principle : Unlearning: Origin, current business and past success makes unlearning difficult.
4. small m vs BIG M, where m is manufacturing, change of mind set of manufacturing people.
5. Scientific problem solving: Only strategy and practise changes across nations, tools are similar everywhere
Science is always up and down between Thought and experience
5 step discovery process
1. percieve change 2. Go down abstraction ladder 3. Go up abstraction ladder 4. Elaborate hypothesis and 5. To see future with working hypothesis.
6. Skill development:
Three steps for skill development:
1. Knowledge creates information and commitment
2. Understanding comes from knowledge and apply to the problem
3. Skill comes from understanding and repetition
7. Buddha’s 3 eyes: Leaders should have 3 eyes: Incremental eye (present) Breakthrough eye (future) and control eye (past)
8. From ‘instruct and check’ to ‘Do and demonstrate’
9. Snow bowl effect: View your success
If you don’t have any past success then you can’t continue success