Personal and Misc
So here are 5 reasons you must read ‘Rafa, My Story’, the Autobiography of Rafael Nadal,
1. The highlight of the book is the way in which the epic battle of Wimbledon final 2008 between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer is narrated. You get a clear picture of what went behind the scene.
2. You get an idea of what it takes to become a World class Tennis player. The pain and struggles they undergo, the sacrifices made by their family and friends.
3. The up-close accounts of Nadal vs Federer and Nadal vs Novak Djokovic rivalries.
4. The wonderful world of Grand-slams and what it takes to win them.
5. Up and close with Nadal, if you are a great fan of Rafa, you will love this book
After so much pressure from various sources, I decided to apply for Aadhaar Card. I get the first shock, you can’t register for Aadhaar card if you are residing in Tamil Nadu?!!
Bit dissapointed I Google again to find how to go about getting the card if you are in Chennai and I see this
The first result is a site named aadharcardstatus.net.in, check the spelling, one A is missing. But I am thrilled to see a site that has all the details when it comes to Aadhaar in Chennai. I go to the site,
Life is so simple and beautiful, I check for enrollment centers in Chennai and there are two
I have heard Karvy before, no clue about the first center. Phone number is also give so I call them. I call them. Morning 10, afternoon, evening, 11:30am, 3:00pm. The number is ever engaged! It seems whole of Chennai wants to register for Aadhaar card. With no luck to get through phone, I decided to visit the place. I reach there and check with the receptionist.
He says ” we used to do Aadhaar registration TWO YEARS back“,
But then I ask “Your name and address is still there on website???
No idea about that, he says.
Then what to do?
Please check with your municipal councilor
Upset i come back and search for Municipal councilor of Adyar and see the result.
Same was my state after hearing about Nirbhaya’s death news.
360 Friends added
98 Pages liked
These are the details I picked up from an interesting app by Facebook. This app will give an interesting take on what all we shared on Facebook the previous year, new friends made, how we communicated, of-course on Facebook, pictured we took, tagged and shared, interesting articles / blogs that we read and shared. May be, by going through all these, you will get a new perspective or ideas on how you must use Facebook in 2013, no?
Here are the various types of mail-ids
I am sure, I have missed couple of other innovative names for sure
I have been blogging daily since November 2012. I know its bit tough but then realised its not impossible. The biggest concern for bloggers is to get content. During this process I figured out some tips by which daily blogging can be achieved. So here are those tips,
1. Have an editorial calendar: This helps in organising, no need to strictly follow the calendar but then you will have the fear of not deviating from the schedule
2. Events: Attend as many events as possible, you will get enough content to blog. I live tweet events and later compile them and make it as a blog.
3. Networking: Believe me, meeting people helps in blogging. You get lots of interesting stories from them
4. Reading: Reading books helps me in getting the content, pls check daily dosage
5. Facebook: Any social networking sites, especially Facebook are large reservoirs for content, be active on them, get the thread and blog
So now I decided to continue, Blogging daily is such a great fun you know
Tuesday November 13th, is a landmark day for TED as TED Talks have been watched one billion times worldwide. This goes to prove that across all races, nations, income levels, genders and professions, there’s a widespread thirst for knowledge. So being a part of this wonderful initiative I am sharing some of the talks that inspired me.
Share a playlist of your favorite talks: This is an interesting project for the TEDx licensees. As I am one among them I am sharing my “TopTED” talks. You can see similar playlists by some well known people on TED.com.
1. Benjamin Zander: The transformative power of classical music
2. Hans Rosling: Global population growth, box by box
3. Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity
4. Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action
5. Steve Jobs: How to live before you die
Compared to previous years, I see less crackers being burst at this Diwali. Is it because of the increased prices for the crackers? or is it because people are becoming more concerned about the pollution and nature? What ever be the case, happy Diwali to you all
How many Surya Namaskars you can perform at a stretch? 5, 10 or 50? What about 108? The Yogathon Challenge organized by The Art of Living is about performing 108 Surya Namaskars. (Sun Salutation) comprises of twelve poses in the series and performing two sets of this series is full round of Surya Namaskar. Yogathon is organized on the World health day i.e on 7th April.
Good for the heart and stimulates the cardiovascular system.
Oxygenates the blood and helps strengthen the heart.
Good for the digestive system and the nervous system.
Stimulates the lymphatic system and supports respiratory system health, as well.
Benefits the Endocrine system and enables the proper functioning of various endocrinal glands i.e. thyroid, parathyroid and pituitary glands as well as the adrenal gland, testes and ovaries.
I started with 10 rounds and within 2 months some how managed to reach 108. Gearing up for the 2013 Yogathon Challenge. Believe me its great fun, so what’s your Surya Namaskar count?
I have been collecting various strange things from my school days. My first hobby that I can remember of was collecting the tiny posters of cricketers with their statistics that used to come along with the bubble gum. I don’t remember the brand. Then I started collecting match box labels, known as phillumeny. Then a scrap book of photos of cricketers and tennis stars.
Then in high school, as with the case with all kids, I graduated to Stamp and coin collection. Bargaining and exchanging stamps were good fun. I still has my collection with me. Some of the nations seize to exist, like USSR and Czechoslovakia. I was and still remains a timbromaniac, an avid stamp collector.
As years passed I started collecting some strange things. Latest being collecting the bookmarks from Flipkart.
Here are my other collections,
Biographies / Auto-Biographies
Special edition magazines
And my crazy hobby of collecting wonderful items is continuing!!!!!